Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Commit to the Process

Commitment Contract
This is not a dress rehearsal. Your life is here. You must demonstrate standards of business sophistication and aesthetic savvy. To have a successful career-talent alone is not enough. You must have passion, ambition and commitment to want to do your personal best. You must be informed about your chosen career and the world at large. The portfolio is the most important expression of who you are and what you want to be. It is the visual expression and psychological shorthand that must tell your unique story. What you are making is the visual embodiment of you. 

Portfolio is the single most anxiety producing element and the most critical part of your job search. I encourage you, if possible this year to focus on this effort, try not to take on outside jobs, volunteer for anything else!  ARE YOU READY TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE?

__I agree to join and participate in the AIGA/San Diego Chapter PLNU Student Group
__I agree to commit at least 15-20 hours per week to this class
__I agree to have a collaborative, open minded attitude
__I look forward to working in and with a team
__I promise not to create projects without input and support of the team
__I will attend all regular class meetings as well as any additional field trips and meet outside class with my team or buddy
__I will read 5-10 current Graphic Design and Business Magazines
__Print, How, Step, Communication Arts, Harvard Biz Review, Fast Company
__I will contribute to the class blog weekly
__I will put in a 100%+ effort into the class, no excuses, no whining, no complaining, just an all out effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment